Friday 28 December 2018

Wes' Nine Best Games of 2018 (Probably) -- GOTYE of the Year Edition

I've spent the majority of the last half of the year putting posts together to give games away to you, the Destructoid readers. At the surface level, it seems easy to quantify the amount of time I put into it: I write a post, schedule it, and -- ta-da -- job done! But really, so much more goes into it: I put out feelers to game and PR companies trying to set these up, come to terms, gather resources for the posts, organize my key lists, make the posts, babysit the posts, draw winners, track winners down, send prizes -- you might actually be shocked at how incredibly time-consuming it is to give away free games.

Between my job here at Dtoid, my day job, my band, my festival, and all the other odds and ends ebbing and flowing with life, I have basically no time to actually play any games, myself. I work for a prominent gaming company, yet don't get to really spend any time playing games. Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?

Wes' Nine Best Games of 2018 (Probably) -- GOTYE of the Year Edition screenshot

Read more...

from destructoid http://bit.ly/2QUtYZC

No comments:

Post a Comment