Friday, 20 February 2026

New PS5 Exclusive RPG Announced, Leaving Players Confused

PS5 RPG Zanerdin: The Unbound

A new PS5 console exclusive RPG has been announced by a South Korean studio founded by a former Neowiz (Lies of P) executive. Zanerdin: The Unbound is in development for PS5 and PC, and although it sounds promising, its trailer has left players more confused than excited.

Zanerdin: The Unbound is a turn-based PS5 RPG that promises no microtransactions

Zanerdin: The Unbound is described as a collectible turn-based RPG that deploys the increasingly popular gacha mechanics, but without microtransactions. According to developer Sanctuary Games, the base price of the game will be all that players need to pay for the full experience.

What’s more is that Zanerdin: The Unbound offers “60 unique battle stages that progress through hand-drawn narrative cutscenes.” Sounds good so far. But here’s the first trailer uploaded to the official PlayStation channel:

We’re not quite sure what we’re seeing here. There is certainly no gameplay, and the trailer doesn’t tell us anything about the plot either. One look at the comments section, and we can tell that we’re not the only ones who think this isn’t a great debut trailer.

“Welcome to Kalatos, a fantastical world forged and protected by the power of the six Blessings: Water, Fire, Earth, Metal, Wind, and Electric,” an official overview reads. “At the core of Kalatos lies the Chaos region, a desolate environment where all are born without any powers. Lead Zanerdin, born into the Chaos, into the Blessed lands to discover the truth about his family.”

Zanerdin: The Unbound doesn’t have a release window yet.

The post New PS5 Exclusive RPG Announced, Leaving Players Confused appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.



from PlayStation LifeStyle https://ift.tt/w5IXbeZ

Google Play used AI to help block 1.75 million bad apps in 2025

Google has announced that with the help of AI, it blocked 1.75 million apps that violated its policies in 2025, significantly down from 2.36 million in 2024. The lower numbers this year, it said, are because its "AI-powered, multi-layer protections" are deterring bad actors from even trying to publish bad apps.

Google said it now runs more than 10,000 safety checks on every app and continues to recheck them after they're published. Its use of the latest generative AI models helps human reviewers discover malicious patterns more quickly, it added. The company also blocked 160 million spam ratings, preventing an average 0.5-star rating drop for apps targeted by review bombing. Finally, Google stopped 255,000 apps from gaining excessive access to sensitive user data in 2025, down from 1.3 million the year before. 

Meanwhile, Google Play Protect, the company's Android defense system, sniffed out over 27 million new malicious apps, either warning users or preventing them from running. The company added that Play Protect's enhanced fraud protection now covers 2.8 billion Android devices in 185 markets and blocked 266 million risky "side-loading" installation attempts. 

"Initiatives like developer verification, mandatory pre-review checks, and testing requirements have raised the bar for the Google Play ecosystem, significantly reducing the paths for bad actors to enter," the company said its blog. "This year, we’ll continue to invest in AI-driven defenses to stay ahead of emerging threats and equip Android developers with the tools they need to build apps safely."

Google has steadfastly justified its relatively high fees on app purchases and subscriptions by touting its investments in app safety. However, its Play store has been under pressure from regulators in Europe and other regions that claim it amounts to a monopoly. Last year, the company changed its fee structure for developers using alternative payment channels, but EU regulators recently claimed the company still isn't complying with Digital Markets Act regulations. 

This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://ift.tt/xVRdO4A

from Engadget is a web magazine with obsessive daily coverage of everything new in gadgets and consumer electronics https://ift.tt/xVRdO4A

The best streaming services in 2026

Thursday, 19 February 2026

Award-Winning PS5 Action Game Series Under $5 on PS Store

Bendy PS5 games PS Store deal

A fantastic PS5, PS4 action game series is heavily discounted in a new limited-time PS Store deal. Each of the award-winning Bendy games available on the PS Store can be picked up for under $5, with bundles also available for those who don’t want to purchase individual titles.

All Bendy PS5, PS4 games going dirt cheap in latest PS Store deal

Here’s what each of the games in this highly-recommended action horror franchise costs on the PS Store until February 26:

  • Bendy and the Ink Machine – $1.99
  • Bendy and the Dark Revival – $2.99
  • Bendy: Lone Wolf – $1.99
  • Bendy: Revive and Survive Bundle (Dark Revival + Lone Wolf) – $3.99
  • Bendy: Ink Demon’s Collection (Ink Machine + Dark Revival + Lone Wolf) – $4.99
  • Bendy: Studio Collection (Ink Machine + Dark Revival) – $3.99

If you haven’t played any of these games, then Bendy: Ink Demon’s Collection should be your pick, as it includes all three games. An overview of each is below:

Bendy and the Ink Machine: As Henry, explore an abandoned animation studio hiding dark secrets. Navigate a maze of horrors, solve puzzles, and face nightmarish creatures from the shadowy Dark Puddles.

Bendy and the Dark Revival: Play as Audrey, trapped in a deranged animation studio. Sneak, fight, and solve puzzles to survive twisted creatures and the relentless Ink Demon. Uncover dark secrets to escape the studio’s inky nightmare.

Bendy: Lone Wolf: Become Boris in a brutal survival gauntlet through endless, eerie corridors. Battle cartoonish monsters, dodge deadly traps, and evade the Ink Demon’s pursuit in a pulse-pounding quest for truth.

The post Award-Winning PS5 Action Game Series Under $5 on PS Store appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.



from PlayStation LifeStyle https://ift.tt/C2G9v7h

Another Upcoming Konami Game Is PS5 Exclusive, Fans Upset

Silent Hill: Townfall is a PS5 exclusive game

Xbox fans are a little unhappy with Konami right now, as yet another game showcased at the recent State of Play turned out to be a PS5 exclusive… at launch, at least. Silent Hill: Townfall is the next game in the series that’s being developed by a third party, but unlike the successful Silent Hill f, it seems to be coming to PS5 and PC only.

Silent Hill: Townfall might only be a PS5 console exclusive game at launch, but fans aren’t having it

A Eurogamer article has been making rounds on various gaming forums, in which the publication pointed out that Silent Hill: Townfall’s official website only lists PS5 and PC as its platforms. This information surfaced after the State of Play, during which it was also revealed that Konami’s upcoming RPG Rev Noir is PS5 exclusive.

Silent Hill: Townfall is a bit of a curious case, though. The game is being co-published by Konami and Annapurna Interactive and is being developed by a relatively small studio called Screen Burn Interactive (formerly No Code). But since Konami owns the IP, any exclusivity deal would have been struck between Sony and Konami.

Why Townfall was selected for any exclusivity is anybody’s guess.

“What I despise the most about Sony’s timed exclusivity deals is that they allow games to release on PC,” a player wrote on Reddit. “They are not paying to have something, they are paying for Xbox to not have it.”

“Xbox used to do this exact thing,” a fan fired back. “Rise of the Tomb Raider launched on Xbox and PC but not on PS4 until a year later.”

Times have changed, though, and Microsoft has checked out of the exclusives war. But apparently, Sony still believes in them.

What do our readers think?

The post Another Upcoming Konami Game Is PS5 Exclusive, Fans Upset appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.



from PlayStation LifeStyle https://ift.tt/jQqLp1h

Wednesday, 18 February 2026

Awesome PS Plus Game Getting Surprise Free Content Updates

PS Plus game

A fantastic PS Plus Extra game is getting several free content updates (one of which is available now) that members should check out. Ubisoft‘s The Rogue Prince of Persia is a charming little PS5 adventure, and its Spring 2026 roadmap gives players more reasons to play.

PS Plus game The Rogue Prince of Persia reveals Spring 2026 roadmap full of free content

Out of nowhere, developer Evil Empire added a new tool to The Rogue Prince of Persia called The Flaming Horses. This tool sends a herd of flaming horses running forward, leaving the ground burning behind them for a bit.

But that’s just a tiny update. The Rogue Prince of Persia is getting two major updates in April and May, respectively.

The “Breathless update” will add a new Freeze element, arenas, a higher difficulty option, weapon and tool affixes, new tools, new medallions, faster pacing, Vayu’s breath improvements, and tutorial rework.

“This update means making the whole experience quicker and more intense, leaving you… breathless!” Evil Empire wrote.

The “Endgame update” will add Nyamtur trials for risk and reward in biomes, a new parkour mode, daily awakening challenges, palace biome rework, more challenge rooms in runs, pets, and much more.

“You’ll be able to really test your skill and push the limit with this update coming! Speed, precision, and strategy — show us what you’ve got,” Evil Empire added.

Exact release dates for the updates will be announced nearer the time.

The post Awesome PS Plus Game Getting Surprise Free Content Updates appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.



from PlayStation LifeStyle https://ift.tt/OQRF1nC

Tuesday, 17 February 2026

Beloved Konami Games Delisted From PS Store, Fans Upset

Konami games delisted from PS Store

Konami has delisted several fan-favorite games from the PS Store without notice, prompting backlash from players. The yanked titles include the PS3 version of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Peace Walker for PSP, and the 2014 PSN release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Konami games delisted from PS Store likely in preparation for Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 2

As has been the case with many games in the past, it’s widely assumed that the games were delisted in preparation for Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Volume 2, which was given an August 27 release date at the recent PlayStation State of Play.

But the issue here is the upcoming compilation is for current-gen platforms, and the aforementioned games will become permanently unavailable on their respective original platforms for no good reason.

It’s a strange move and one that doesn’t make sense, so we can see why players are upset. It’s not like the older games would have impacted Volume 2’s sales.

The good news is that those who’ve purchased MGS 4 and Peace Walker from the dated storefront can continue to access the games. However, new purchases have been permanently disabled, it seems.

To be fair to Konami, PS3’s PS Store is on its last legs. It’s only a matter of time…

The post Beloved Konami Games Delisted From PS Store, Fans Upset appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.



from PlayStation LifeStyle https://ift.tt/2TXdy6r