Thursday 30 August 2018

The 300 Week 34: The Marx Brothers go to the opera and The Happytime Murders can just go away

Why hello there, wealthy dowagers, and welcome back to The 300, a recurring feature on my zany attempt to watch 300 movies in theaters in the year 2018. I’ll be seeing new releases, repertory screenings, hidden gems, and festival films to experience the wide world of cinema in all its glory. By having an open mind as a film-goer, I hope you see something here you’ll want to check out.

As always, there are three rules for The 300:

  • The movie must be at least 40 minutes long, meeting the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ definition of a feature film.
  • I must watch the movie at a movie theater, screening room, or outdoor screening venue.
  • While I can watch movies I’ve seen before 2018, I cannot count repeated viewings of the same film in 2018 multiple times.

We’re closing out August pretty strong, and I’m on pace to be 70 movies from the goal by the end of the week. Though premature, I am thinking about maybe doing something special for the 300th film. I guess it depends on what time of year I get there. I’ll leave that on the back burner for now. I need to finish up this piece before heading into a morning press screening. (I miss when MoviePass was functional and my schedule more flexible.)

While I’m talking about the future (this humidity is making me loopy), things will slow down for a week in mid-September, because of personal plans, but will pick up again as I start covering the 2018 New York Film Festival. Expect a NYFF 56 preview in about a month.

And so, onward.

The 300 Week 34: The Marx Brothers go to the opera and The Happytime Murders can just go away screenshot

Read more...

from destructoid https://ift.tt/2C0a3Bt

No comments:

Post a Comment