Sunday 2 September 2018

Review: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

I've always been more of a Final Fantasy man, but my relationship with Dragon Quest is arguably more special.

Dragon Quest, more specifically Dragon Warrior as it was known in the west, was my first ever JRPG. With what would be a fairly insane event today, Nintendo Power magazine offered free copies of the game through a promotion -- which is how I got mine. Given how young I was at the time I don't think I could have played it any other way.

Nintendo Power followed through, and in the weeks to come, although I don't remember a lot of specifics, I can recall pillaging dungeons and vaguely understanding the concept of "leveling up" to take on more powerful enemies. With help I ended up beating it and history was made.

Nearly 28 years later the story of Dragon Warrior lives on through Dragon Quest XI.

Review: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age screenshot

Read more...

from destructoid https://ift.tt/2BSaOfZ

No comments:

Post a Comment