Saturday 6 June 2020

Whatcha been playing this week, Destructoid?

I've spent this week escaping into the tropical paradise that is Shantae and the Seven Sirens, the fifth entry in WayForward's marvelous Shantae series. My review is now live and, as you may have seen, I was left a tad disappointed by this newest adventure. Reviewing games in a forum as widely viewed as Destructoid is a privilege, but also something of a curse. While I can't speak for anybody else, it hurts to publish any negative words about something you love, especially when it's as wholesome as Shantae. I pride myself on my honesty, as well as my ability to detatch my own fandom when covering games, but when a review calls for negativity, even just a little, on a franchise or a studio that means so much to you, it's trying, and genuinely a little depressing.

I hope people understand that my reviews always come from a place of honesty. As I've said here many times, I just want people to be happy with the games they play. I don't write for shock value, and take zero pleasure in offering negative analysis in general. But still, when you have to be down on a franchise you hold dear, it hurts. Shantae and the Seven Sirens disappointed me, but it is by no means a bad game. It warrants checking out. I just hope the Half-Genie Hero's next adventure will be one for the ages.

Anyways, thanks for hearing out my melodrama. Now let's talk about you. What have you been playing this week? Things have been relatively quiet on the new release front for a while, but they've been making vidya gamez for the best part of 45 years now, so I'm pretty sure there's something out there that y'all been sinking into. Whatever's spinning in the drive right now, drop us a note below and share it with us, we love hearing about it.

Have a safe and restful weekend, from all of us at Destructoid. 

Whatcha been playing this week, Destructoid? screenshot



from Destructoid https://ift.tt/2z7MA0s

No comments:

Post a Comment