Wednesday 6 June 2018

Review: Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers

This review nearly had a completely different tone. Halfway through my adventure, as I prepared to go into another tower defense battle against the series antagonist Grocks, I ran into a bug. A terrible bug. The type of bug that makes the game unplayable. Because Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers auto-saves, and there is no ability to have a back-up save file like I do with most other games, I found myself having to make a decision as to whether to review the game as is, broken with no known cause or fix for the problem, or to not review it at all.

Perhaps it's best then that Nintendo waited until the game already released to give us our review code. Because in the days since launch, others ran into the same bug as me and a solution had already been worked out: I just needed to delete any provisional friend cards from my oft-ignored friend's list.

A simple solution to a potentially devastating problem. It would have been terrible for me to give up on the game due to something like that, because Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers is actually pretty damn good.

Review: Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers screenshot

Read more...

from destructoid https://ift.tt/2JiY4xU

No comments:

Post a Comment