Saturday 30 June 2018

Review: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

So there I was, sitting in a McDonald's in England. It was 2015, and I was killing time since I had the weekend off. I went to my local comic book store and was able to pick up some issues of Justice League since I was behind a few months. While I was reading, I decided I might as well go to the village's local movie theatre. It was a four screen theatre, but it was small and cozy, so I decided to do an impromptu double feature. I eventually settled on seeing The Martian, which was damned good, and Sicario. Sicario made me feel empty inside for a solid day. 

I kid you not when I say that Sicario was one of the bleakest and most hopeless movies I have ever seen, and I mean that in all of the best ways. It relentlessly beats you down with how dark and insidious its world is and leaves you battered and bruised psychologically leaving the theatre. So fast forward to 2018, where someone decided in their infinite wisdom that the world wasn't already a depressing and miserable place, so we needed another Sicario movie! Enter Sicario: Day of the Soldado, a pretty solid movie that has all of the misery, but none of it hits as hard as the original. 

Review: Sicario: Day of the Soldado screenshot

Read more...

from destructoid https://ift.tt/2IA42JD

No comments:

Post a Comment