Friday 19 July 2019

So far, The Surge 2 dunks on the original game

There wasn't one particular reason why I put down Deck13's The Surge after a few sessions close to its 2017 launch: there were too many to count.

As their sci-fi follow-up to Lords of the Fallen and their second foray into the "Souls" action-RPG formula I wasn't impressed, mostly with the drab environments and lifeless enemies. But I think the linearity and simplicity of its level design got to me most of all, leading to a potentially eternally shelved entry into my backlog.

It makes sense why I had a moment of pause when I was given the opportunity to check out a preview build of the first few hours of The Surge 2, but I'm glad I indulged.

So far, The Surge 2 dunks on the original game screenshot

Read more...

from Destructoid https://ift.tt/32APnZU

No comments:

Post a Comment