Sunday 21 July 2019

New to Final Fantasy XIV? We asked two veterans for tips for new players

One common thread I've heard about gaming for the past several years is the amazing quality of Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Once arguably the worst mainline title in the series, it has evolved into what many, many, many people consider to be the best MMO on the market. On Destructoid, at E3, at Tennocon, I always seem to stumble across people gushing about their love for this game.

For the longest time, I treated the monthly subscription cost as a barrier to entry. After a year or so of World of Warcraft, I found I didn't need to pay every month to enjoy a good MMO when there were so many free options or games that only charge me once. But the beckoning call of Final Fantasy XIV is strong, and in wake of the launch of Shadowbringers, it's now too loud for me to ignore. Last week I picked up the complete edition and am ready to start my journey through wherever the hell this game takes place.

Of course, I don't want to go in blind, so I asked two prolific FFXIV players on Destructoid -- community moderators Pixie and Occams -- a few questions that will help me, and hopefully other new players, hit the ground running.

New to Final Fantasy XIV? We asked two veterans for tips for new players screenshot

Read more...

from Destructoid https://ift.tt/2JJFlhO

No comments:

Post a Comment