Thursday 30 May 2019

Review: Outer Wilds

I didn't even last ten minutes into my first session with Outer Wilds, the intriguing open-world adventure game from Annapurna Interactive and Mobius Digital. A freshly minted astronaut from the tiny world of Timber Hearth, I took a bit too long admiring my spiffy new spaceship on the platform, before accidentally stepping off the edge and falling to my demise.

I made it all the way into space the next time, even landing on the moon to visit a local named Esker, but I got too caught up launching space probes at my campsite back home - while listening to Esker's whistling - that I didn't notice the sun exploding until the shockwave engulfed the planet.

Needless to say, I haven't been the most successful space explorer in Outer Wilds' history, but the beauty of it is that I'll get there eventually, 20 minutes at a time. 

Review: Outer Wilds screenshot

Read more...

from Destructoid http://bit.ly/2HKocDQ

No comments:

Post a Comment