Monday 29 April 2019

Early Access Review: Dreams

Media Molecule absolutely made the right call launching an early access version of Dreams, its ambitious follow-up to the LittleBigPlanet franchise. Until you get your hands on this charming creation game, you can't fully grasp the genuine, heartfelt impact it's bound to have. I've been toying around with the limited-release version on PS4 for almost two weeks now and its significance is still sinking in.

In just that short span of time, I've started seeing everyday objects in a mesmerizing new light. When I go to grab a plate, I suddenly envision how I would carve a kitchen cabinet in Dreams. When I take a sip of coffee, I study how the light catches my shiny metal mug. I can't stop noticing the finer details.

Dreams will be a lot of things for a lot of different people, whether they're coming into the game in search of a creative outlet or they simply want to admire other players' artistry. I was most excited about sculpting, but once I learned the necessary tools, controls, and UI for that specific mode, I also found myself drawn to less familiar areas. That's the playful genius of Media Molecule at work. If you take the time to go through the lessons, you'll be amazed at what you're capable of creating.

The name is so fitting. When I play Dreams, it's as if my subconscious spills out onto the screen.

Early Access Review: Dreams screenshot

Read more...

from Destructoid http://bit.ly/2vtOHXe

No comments:

Post a Comment