Sunday 1 July 2018

What rides would you put in a Sega theme park?

When the weather is balls-sticking-to-the-side-of-your-leg hot, it can only mean one thing: summer is here. That means trips to the beach, AC running all day and night, the best summer blockbusters, and trips to the many theme parks around the world. In a few years, Super Nintendo World will join The Wizarding World of Harry Potter as literally the only two reasons to go to Universal Studios, the world’s most boring amusement park.

Theme parks have been on my mind a lot recently as every time I end up playing the Blizzard World I wonder what it would be like if that were a real park. Also, I play Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic on my iPad every night before bed, so I’m constantly thinking about amusement park rides, layouts, themes, and everything else. It’s long been a goal of mine to have my own theme park, Dollywood style, but realistically I’ll probably just have to settle for whatever I create in RCT Classic.

But hell, let’s say for one moment that I did someday get handed the keys to my own amusement park and I could set up its theme however I want. What would I build? My go-to answer for it is something based around Nintendo, but seeing as that’s going to be a real park soon enough, I thought about the other video game companies ripe for their own park. So for this week’s Destructoid Discusses Question of the Week, I tasked the Destructoid staff with helping me build the perfect Sega theme park.

What rides would you put in a Sega theme park? screenshot

Read more...

from destructoid https://ift.tt/2NfouD7

No comments:

Post a Comment