Sunday 29 July 2018

I would pay big bucks for a Nendoroid of Earthbound's Ness

Unlike some of my fellow writers on Destructoid, I’m not much of a toy collector. I have several Zelda collectibles, some Funko POP! figures, and a few LEGO sets I haven’t bothered to put together, but that’s the extent of it. Most of my video game collectibles are books, puzzles, board games, and the such. I don’t have anything against collecting toys, I just hate having to dust small, intricate pieces. But that’s changing because of Good Smile Company and its line of Nendoroids.

Very recently, after having it in storage for more than a year, I took my Majora’s Mask Link Nendoroid out of the box and was blown away by the quality of the figure. I was so impressed, I immediately went to Amazon to finally buy the Breath of the Wild Link with Horse figure, but stopped when I saw the asking price. These things are expensive, and despite my love for Breath, I couldn’t bring myself to spend more than $70 on the figure. But I would spend that much money and probably more for Ness.

I’m one of those terrible gamers who claim Earthbound is one of their favorite games without ever having completed it. I played it for the first time not long after it launched on my uncle’s SNES, but only had about an hour with it. Last year I started playing it for real and am very slowly making the march towards the end. I do very much enjoy the game, but my adoration for Ness doesn’t originate from Earthbound. I love him because of Smash.

Among my group of friends, nobody wanted to be Ness in Super Smash Bros. They wanted Mario, Donkey Kong, and Fox. I started as a Link main, but when Ness was unlocked I gravitated towards him. I loved his playing style and how it was so unique from the rest of the cast. I loved the fact that he was just a kid like me. Mostly, I loved sniping people with PK Thunder.

That move is just one of many that could be made into accessories for a Ness Nendoroid. PK Fire is also a possibility, as are the various weapons he equips himself with throughout his adventure. His cracked bat, his yo-yo, his robot body, his pajama body, hatless Ness head, his hands holding a peace sign; there is an enormous amount of accessory possibilities.

There may or may not be a line of Earthbound POP! figures coming, but my Ness amiibo is better than most anything Funko is putting out. For the price they’re okay, but I’m ready and willing to spend more than necessary to procure myself a Ness Nendoroid. Hopefully, Good Smile Company can make it happen.

I would pay big bucks for a Nendoroid of Earthbound's Ness screenshot

Read more...

from destructoid https://ift.tt/2K4uf3Y

No comments:

Post a Comment